September is already here. Are you looking to join the friendly RC community and you want to RC Drift but you don’t know where to start? Or maybe you have a drift car and nowhere to go? Maybe you’re looking for new friends or you have questions about cars and setup?
Did you know we have an indoor facility in town? Yes! Since FredZ closed shop, we have relocated to Midway Family Fun Park in Ottawa.
TRACK DETAILS in a pinned topic here: http://www.rcottawa.com/forum/index.php?topic=19507.0
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ottawadrifters/
We have great advantages, the price is unbeatable and the hours are great. Hungry? They have a restaurant on the 2nd floor (discount for monthly pass members). I think it’s time you join the fun. We also have a small indoor crawler course, plus a bit of space to drive mini cars or try your mini/micro RCs.
We will start doing open meetups were you can join for the day or just get a month pass and start improving your sideways skills. We know the cars, we know the tires to use. We have good, clean fun and we’re laid back. Maybe we’ll see you soon?
WE WANT to hear from you!
Here are some videos of drifting
2477 Kaladar (close to Heron & Bank), Ottawa
– You can patiently ask for a tour for free.
– Fees are $5 for the day and $20 for a month pass (you will need to register at the front cash with a webcam photo).
– There are some vending machines and a restaurant on the 2nd floor (RC club members get 10% off food, you have to ask for the discount).
– Come in the front and you need to wear the wristband to identify as paying customer.
– Only use drift cars on the drift track. We use 4wd, CS and many RWD as well.
– the carpet is a slippery fuzzy type. Use softer drift tire compound. If unsure, talk to regulars for the most popular setup.
– If the other side is not used by customers (rentals), you can drive mini and micro cars there.
– the crawler track works best with comp crawlers but you can use SCX10 and I even had luck with my Wraith.
– the facility is accessible from the side of the building for access to the first floor level (probably no elevators). The friendly staff from Max Bistro (restaurant) can come down to take an order or bring the food if you have such needs.
Midway is first and foremost a family park with kids in lower age. Be courteous as they are the guests and we are the club in our own area. A lot of guests confuse us with one of the game attractions. Keep an eye on your equipment and refer them to a Midway employee for RC rentals, if available.
Words: RICHIE RICH
Picture: Sidewayz Be (via facebook)